Photo Credit: Design and DIY Magazine
Guest Post By Jane Blanchard
There's only one room in the house that tends to serve as both a playroom and bedroom alike — that's the kids' room. Fellow parents: wouldn't it be awesome for kids to have a retreat of their own? It's certainly nice for you to create a space that makes kids happily trot to their room when you need a timeout, or an animated room that makes mom and dad's bed seem dull compared to theirs. Are you catching onto our enthusiasm yet? If you're not totally convinced, here's some inspiration to kick you into high gear!
1. This girl’s room is not only gorgeous, it's perfect to satisfy the "diva" in your daughter. However, the one aspect of this room that made it page-worthy, is the awesome, gender-friendly (can be for both boy and girl) lighting embedded in the wall. Most kids are scared of the dark, and with a night-light wall like this, no monster would dare step foot out from under the bed.
Photo Credit: chompsy.com
2. We love this room because it speaks creativity despite limited spaces. Keeping siblings in the same room isn't always a choice for many families, and if you can relate, this is some pretty neat inspiration to acknowledge differing personalities between your children. Time to get the creative and practical gloves on.
Photo Credit: homemydesign.com
3. With a room like this, your kids might never leave it. Good thing or bad thing? You decide.
Photo Credit- Kuhl Design Build LLC
4. Now this room is cool. Your kids will love you forever for giving them the opportunity to play out their fantasies of pirates and sailing the seven seas. Warning: whatever you do, don't buy the kids a foghorn. You'll probably end up regretting it.
5. Building, construction, demolition. This is the ultimate boys bed! Throw in some life-size blocks and legos, and you're the coolest parent ever!
6. We've got to hand it to the genius who thought of an indoor tree house. Boredom has been eliminated from the vocabulary. Cold weather, rain, and snow won't be an obstacle in the way of fun anymore. If there was a "Like" button here, this room has our vote!
7. Okay, this isn't really for young kids, but we know it speaks to the inner kid in you! Though having a room like this, you might never be able to get the kids to leave. Come on, you have to admit that having thousands of gallons of water above your head is pretty cool!
Thinking about redecorating the kids' room yet? From the looks of these, it's a win-win situation. Your kids get the coolest room ever, and you finally get your bedroom space to yourself. Enjoy and visit Modernize.com for more kids room ideas!